Thursday, April 21, 2011

Forget The Countdown and Think What's Relevant

Something old... Something new... Something borrowed...

You know how the saying goes. You might have already been flipping through the table of contents of several wedding magazines and seen the generic nine-month wedding planner checklist. I say, "Forget the timetable!" Why forget these nine-month planners? The creator and authors of the checklist assumes everyone's engagement period will be for nine months. I don't like to assume that. Aren't you going to cross out parts of your wedding to-do list according to what's top of your priority list? Sure, use the nine-month wedding planner checklist to get ideas of what to add to your to-do list - but more importantly, create your must-haves.
Creating Your Top 3 Must-Haves

When you look at your nine-month checklists, it typically tells you to "Find and book your wedding locations first!!!" Why would you put it on the top of your priority list if you were really flexible about where you are going to hold your ceremony? When I was planning my wedding, I created a Top 3 list of my wedding priorities:

1. Since I shoot-from-the-hip on occasions usually being behind the camera than in front of the camera and am a photo album junkie, finding the right photographer to capture my big day was very important to me.
2. All throughout my childhood, my parents always celebrated special occasions with good eats (great homemade food or at a fancy restaurant) and naturally I became a good connoisseur (eating the food? not cooking it). The menu for our reception was therefore added to my "Must-Haves."
3. What's a party without great music! I love, love, love to dance. I used to go dancing at least four days a week. Dancing and great music starts the true celebration of getting friends and family to participate in the event of your marriage. My fiance and I even took ballroom dancing lessons with my parents.

Now that you have your Top 3 Must-Haves, you can decide to be flexible in planning and budgeting for the rest of your wedding. Use your must-haves to adjust your schedule and priorities? don?t stress out over the smaller details.

Resource: dressupyourwedding.com

No comments:

Post a Comment